Sherline offers their 3.1″ three-jaw and four-jaw self-centering chucks with a 22 x 1.5 mm threaded hole for use on Sherline’s optional ER-16 spindle nose. They can also be used with certain other ER-16 spindles that use the 22 x 1.5mm thread for the collet nut.
Self-centering chucks offer a quick and convenient way to hold a workpiece while it is turned on the lathe. A chuck can also be clamped to a mill table to hold a part for milling. Sherline manufactures our own chucks to a high degree of precision on CNC machines. The jaws are ground and fitted to each chuck by skilled technicians to assure maximum accuracy. Runout is specified to be .003″ or less at the chuck jaws.
- For those who have jobs where speed and ease of use are more important than maximum accuracy and want a chuck that is loose right from the start (No extra charge).
Add the note “loose jaws” to the “comments/special instructions” box.
- Soft (unhardened) steel jaws are also available upon request (No extra charge).
Add the note “soft jaws” to the “comments/special instructions” box.
- Interchangeable top jaws are also available.
- Chuck Diameter - 3.1″
- Jaw Capacity - With jaws in normal position: 3/32″ (2mm) – 1-1/2″ (38mm). With jaws in reverse position: 3/32″ (2mm) – 2-3/4″ (70mm)
- Through Hole Diameter - .687″ (17mm)
- Thread Size - 22mm x 1.5mm
- Chuck Body Material - 12L14 Steel
- Chuck Jaws Material - 12L14 Case Hardened Steel
40580 - Spindle Bar
Because chuck jaws are facotry ground to precisely match each chuck body, replacement jaws cannot be bought either individually or as a set. If you need to replace the jaws you can give us a call or send us a message to set up returning your chuck for installation of new jaws.
Download PDF 1040 Instructions