3-Jaw Self-centering Wood Lathe Chuck
Product #: 1043
[Add to Wishlist]
This chuck is identical to our # 1040 self-centering chuck except that it has a 1″-8 TPI thread that accommodates most wood-working lathes. Because this chuck was initially designed for machine-lathe work, its accuracy far exceeds what is necessary for general wood turning. It has a clamping range of 3/32″ (2 mm) up to 1-3/16″ (30 mm) diameter with the jaws in the normal position. With the jaws in the reversed position, work up to 2-1/4″ (56 mm) can be gripped. The hole through the chuck is .687″ (17 mm). Rotating the knurled ring closes all three jaws simultaneously to quickly grip round or hexagonal stock. Tommy bars (provided) are used in the holes in the side to tighten and loosen the chuck for more leverage.
- For those who have jobs where speed and ease of use are more important than maximum accuracy and want a chuck that is loose right from the start (No extra charge).
Add the note “loose jaws” to the “comments/shipping instructions” box when checking out.
- Soft (unhardened) steel jaws are also available upon request (No extra charge).
Add the note “soft jaws” to the “comments/shipping instructions” box when checking out.
- Interchangeable top jaws are also available.
- Chuck Diameter - 3.1″
- Jaw Capacity - With jaws in normal position: 3/32″ (2mm) – 1-1/2″ (38mm). With jaws in reverse position: 3/32″ (2mm) – 2-3/4″ (70mm)
- Through Hole Diameter - .687″ (17mm)
- Thread Size - 3/4-16
- Chuck Body Material - 12L14 Steel
- Chuck Jaws Material - 12L14 Case Hardened Steel
Download PDF 1040 Instructions