For those who already have a Sherline lathe and want to upgrade to CNC we now offer the complete CNC lathe system less the lathe. Here's what you get:
Sherline computer with Linux and EMC preloaded, keyboard, mouse, driver box with separately switchable power supply, connecting cables, and backup software.
- Processor: 1.2 GHz minimum
- Motherboard: (Hard to keep this up to date, as it is upgraded almost each time we order)
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Drive: 160 GB, 7200 RPM
- Internal drives: DVD-RW. A separate 1 GB USB flash drive is included for file transfers
- Current: Internal switches are set to 110VAC but can be reset for operation with 230VAC
- Installed software: Ubuntu Linux operating system, EMC2 4-axis G-code interpretation software.
- Included peripherals: Keyboard, mouse and connection cables for stepper motors (Monitor to be supplied by customer)
- Stepper motor drivers/Power supply: 4 drivers installed inside computer box run off separate power supply also installed inside computer box.
- Power supply output: 6.5 amp, 24-28 VDC
- Other features: Separate on/off switch for drivers so computer can remain powered up without power to stepper motors. Driver board includes circuitry to protect driver chips and motors from electrical surges and anomalies. Turn off and back on to reset.
The CNC-Ready lathe Upgrade Kits
The lathe upgrade kits include the following:
- 2 stepper motor mounts
- CNC-RH Coupling Preload Nut
- CNC- Lathe Bed Leadscrew
- CNC Template, Bed Bushing
- CNC Template, Slide Bushing
- All the nuts and screws for motor mount attachment
- Conversion and assembly instructions
Three 67127 stepper motors with plugs.
Stepper motor specifications:
- Frame size: NEMA #23
- Shaft: 1/4" diameter, dual shafts
- Torque: 100+ oz. in.
- Voltage: 3.2 V.
- Current: 2 A
- Step Angle: 1.8° (200 steps/rev)
More detailed manufacturer specifications can be found on the stepper motor instruction page.