2.5" 4-Jaw Chuck
Product #: 1035/1044/1071/1073
[Add to Wishlist]
These chucks have four advantages over 3-jaw chucks.
- They can be used to hold irregularly shaped parts
- They can be used to center parts with a great deal of accuracy
- 4-jaw chucks can be used to deliberately hold a part off-center
- They can clamp stock tighter
This is a valuable asset when machining cams, crankshafts and similar parts. The main disadvantage of the 4-jaw independent chuck is that the jaws must be set individually, adding considerable setup time. The jaws are reversible to accomodate larger stock.
Like the Sherline 3-jaw chucks, the 4-jaw chucks can be used to clamp either externally or internally. Although we recommend the 3-jaw chuck for standard lathe projects, the 4-jaw chuck is considered the accessory that could add the most versatility to your machine. If you feel the 4-jaw chuck would be more useful, and you have no need for the 3-jaw chuck, any lathe “A” package can be ordered with the 4-jaw chuck substituted for the 3-jaw upon request. A clamping groove allows the chuck to hold parts for milling.
Chucks for Sherline and Other Lathes
The chuck is available in several spindle threads for use on Sherline (3/4-16) and other machines such as old Unimat lathes (12mm x 1mm and 14mm x 1mm) or Sears 6″ lathes (1/2-20).
*Please note that chucks with a thread size other than 3/4″ x 16 are made to order and have a lead time of 5-7 business days.
- Chuck Diameter - 2.5″
- Jaw Capacity - With jaws in normal position: 3/32″ (2mm) – 1-3/16″ (30mm). With jaws in reverse position: 3/32″ (2mm) – 2-1/4″ (56mm)
- Through Hole Diameter - .687″ (17mm)
- Thread Size - 3/4-16 (other thread sizes available)
- Chuck Body Material - 12L14 Steel
- Chuck Jaws Material - 12L14 Case Hardened Steel
Download PDF 1030-1032-1044 Instructions